Tuesday, April 7, 2020

Tom Yam Soup

To minimize the spread of Covid-19 pandemic, Singapore declared stay-at-home Circuit Breaker from April 7th, 2020 until May 4th.

Since I'll be cooped up at home, I decided to cook the next 28 days. By the end of circuit breaker, my goal is to have created 28 different dishes. The project theme: Easy, Tasty, and the food warms my heart. 💖 I decided to jot down the recipe for easy reference in the future. And after each meal, I'd rate my pleasure eating the food; the Foodgasm verdict.

Who would have thought Covid-19 would resurrect a food blog?!? Hahaha. This is gonna be fun. Here we go.

Circuit Breaker Day 1: Tom Yam Soup 

If you don't already know me, I love spicy and sour food. So, what can be a better option than Tom Yam soup to spearhead my project. Since I don't usually have all the required herbs, I use Tom Yam instant paste. And if I'm hungry, I'd add beehoon or glass noodle. So yummy! Satisfied as always.

Tom Yam Prawns Beehoon Soup


Ingredients
  • Tom Yam Instant paste 
  • Lemongrass
  • Galangal
  • Kaffir lime leaves
  • Bird’s eye chili
  • Fish sauce
  • Lime juice
  • Garlic
  • White onions
  • Seafood or prawns 
  • Oyster mushrooms
  • Vegetables - carrot, cabbage, broccoli (optional) 
  • Tomatoes
  • Coriander

Preparation
  1. Boil a pot of water with the herbs prepared.
  2. Toss oyster mushroom, tomatoes and put on a slow heat.
  3. Add fish sauce, lime juice and sugar into the soup.
  4. Add the seafood last. 
  5. Finally, throw in the coriander into the soup and give it a final stir.

The foodgasm verdict: 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment