Saturday, April 18, 2020

Miso Udon

Circuit Breaker Day 13: Miso udon, the lazy way. 

Traditionally, most Japanese would make dashi fish stock 24 hours prior to using it when cooking udon. But I like to make quick-and-easy meals. Thus, I don't bother making the dashi stock, thus I simply use miso paste to cook udon soup. :) The recipe is fail safe and always so satisfying. Yes I know the carbs will wreck your keto diet but udon is just so yummy! I'd never give that up. :D And during this circuit breaker, I realized how versatile leek is. I use it so often now.

Easy to make. I made this while video chatting with my childhood friends :)

Ingredients 
  • Wakame seaweed (soaked)
  • Udon
  • Miso paste 
  • Vegetables: Leek, carrot 
  • Shitake mushrooms
  • Tofu
  • Garnishing: Spring onions, nori, bonito flakes, ginger paste. 

Preparation
  1. Soak wakame seaweed for 10 minutes. 
  2. Boil water in a pot, add in miso paste and wakame seaweed.
  3. Prepare the vegetables. Cut the leek diagonally. 
  4. Add the vegetables, udon and tofu into the soup. 
  5. Scoop udon soup into a bowl and garnish with spring onions, nori, bonito flakes and ginger paste. 

The foodgasm verdict: 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment