Saturday, April 25, 2020

Chinese ABC Soup

Day 19 Circuit Breaker: As easy as ABC! 

If you're Malaysian/Singaporean Chinese, you probably had this during your childhood. It's easy to make, yet this is my first time making it. I don't like potatoes in general.

When I was buying the potatoes, the vegetable uncle asked me. "Only 2?" I nodded, "Yea, cooking for one person only." 😬 I admit it's inefficient to cook for 1 person.

Anyways, I usually boil ABC soup in a cast iron pot. Keeps the heat within. The soup was sweet and delicious. I had this for lunch and dinner.

Enjoying this while watching Love Never Dies live from Australia.

Ingredients 

  • Potato, tomato, carrot, onions 
  • Pork ribs or chicken bones
  • Black pepper corns, slightly pounded  
  • Salt to taste 

Preparation 
  1. Cut the vegetables in big chunks. 
  2. Blanch the pork ribs, rinse with cold water, remove impurities and set aside.
  3. Boil water in a pot.
  4. Add blanched pork, carrot, onions and pepper corns into the soup.
  5. Simmer at low heat for 2-3 hours. 
  6. Add potatoes and tomatoes. 
  7. Simmer the soup another 30 minutes, and add salt to taste.   

Cooking tips
  1. If you're not using the cut potatoes yet, soak in water to avoid from it turning black.
  2. I prefer to boil soup with pots instead slow cooker. It tastes nicer. 

The foodgasm verdict: 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment