Saturday, April 11, 2020

Kiam Chai Boey

Circuit Breaker Day 5: Kiam Chai Boey (mustard greens leftover)

This is one of my favourite food. I only get to eat this once a year, during Chinese New Year, cos that's when we'd have plenty of roasted duck/chicken/pork leftovers; perfect ingredients to make kiam chai boey.

Prior to circuit breaker, I bought pickled mustard greens (figured it will last long). Since I didn't have any leftover roasted meat, I used fresh pork instead. Tastes as good. 😋

My treasure trove of kiam chai boey

Ingredients 

  • Pickled mustard greens
  • Dried chili
  • Chinese sour plum 
  • Onion
  • Garlic
  • Ginger 
  • Meat - duck meat, pork belly, pork ribs, trotter 
  • Vegetables - shiitake mushrooms, carrots, tomatoes, cabbage  
  • White peppercorns
  • Coriander 

Preparation 
  1. Soak the pickled mustard green and dried shiitake mushrooms in water. 
  2. Prepare the meat and chop the vegetables. 
  3. Pour water into a pot and bring it a boil. 
  4. Add all ingredients into the pot. 
  5. Let it boil for 2 hours. 
  6. Scoop the soup into a bowl and garnish with coriander.

The foodgasm verdict: 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment