Saturday, April 18, 2020

Che Pizza? No way, Jose!

Circuit Breaker Day 12: "Che Pizza!" is an Italian idiom meaning "How boring!" 

Staying home during lockdown can be boring if we work, eat, sleep, WhatsApp, and Netflix aimlessly. It takes creativity to keep ourselves challenged for self expansion, and if we want to expand, why not do it with fun and joy. Thus, my beliefs, "Che Pizza? No way, Jose!" 

The best pizza I had was in Linguaglossa on the foothills of Mount Etna, Sicily. The simple pizzeria is only for takeouts. Inspired by Sicilian pizza (I've not seen pizzas with this much of onions), I put generous amount of onions on my pizza. I did not have mozzarella cheese, so I replaced with my pasta cheese, a blend of gouda and maasdam.

The end product was not too bad. The topping flavours were good, but the crust failed miserably. Time for a next challenge: perhaps I could make pizza crust from scratch. :)

Lazy Saturday. Eat pizza and watch Phantom of the Opera live from UK.

Ingredients 
  • Frozen pizza crust 
  • Tomato sauce: olive oil, garlic, crushed tomatoes, bay leaves 
  • Toppings: cherry tomatoes, onions, bell pepper, zucchini, sweet basil 
  • Mozzarella cheese
  • Olive oil 
  • Herbs: oregano, dried basil, chili flakes, black pepper  

Preparation 
  1. Defrost the pizza crust. 
  2. Preheat the oven at 250 degrees Celsius. 
  3. Cook the tomato sauce with herbs.
  4. Add tomato sauce on the pizza crust, followed by toppings and cheese. 
  5. Sprinkle oregano and black pepper on top (not too much!) 
  6. Use a baking sheet and bake the pizza for 20-30 minutes. 

The foodgasm verdict: 6/10

No comments:

Post a Comment