Wednesday, April 8, 2020

Mala Xiang Guo

Circuit Breaker Day 2: Mala Xiang Guo (Spicy numbing stir fry)

Once a month, I'd go through my kitchen cabinet and toss away expired food products. Earlier this week, I found a packet of MLXG spice. Perfect timing cos I was already craving for it. 😁

I clearly recall my first time eating this. It was my former colleagues from China who introduced it to me. Initially, I found it too spicy. I'd sweat profusely and my tummy revolted. After years of practice, I got used to the spice and I now enjoy it tremendously.

Cravings satisfied
It's easy to cook MLXG, but be prepared to mop the kitchen floor after. :P

Ingredients
  • MLXG spice  
  • Garlic 
  • Vegetables - cabbage, broccoli, brinjal, carrot, celery, okra, tomatoes 
  • Meat - chicken, pork, beef, fishball 
  • Mushrooms 
  • Coriander 
  • Peanuts 

Preparation
  1. Chop garlic and prepare the ingredients
  2. Heat up oil on the pan, stir fry the garlic and add the spice mix. 
  3. Add meat and then the vegetables
  4. Add tomatoes last. 
  5. Once stir fried, garnish with coriander and peanuts. 

The foodgasm verdict: 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment