Tuesday, April 28, 2020

French Toast

Day 22 Circuit Breaker: Simply Bread + Egg

I don't usually eat bread, but bread is so versatile during this circuit breaker. I can take it on its own, spread with butter, or with a slice of cheese. Today, I made French toast. It's nowhere close to mom's "miku" French toast, but it fuels me energy. At this rate I'm going, I eat to live, not live to eat. 😂

French toast served with honey, grapes and kiwi fruit

Ingredients
  • 8 thick slices of bread
  • 4 eggs 
  • 1/4 cup of milk
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla (optional) 
  • Cinnamon (optional)
  • Nutmeg (optional)
  • Toppings: Honey, syrup, jam, powdered sugar, fruits 

Preparation
  1. Beat eggs, milk, vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg together.
  2. Dip bread in egg mixture.
  3. Melt butter over medium heat.
  4. Fry slices until golden brown, then flip the other side.
  5. Serve with honey.

The foodgasm verdict: 6/10

No comments:

Post a Comment