Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Vegetable Meatball Tureen

Circuit Breaker Day 7: Vegetable Meatball Tureen 

By now, you would have noticed that I love one-pot soup. It's is a complete wholesome meal in itself and so easy to make.

My obsession for soup started since young. I grew up drinking soup. My babysitter is Cantonese. Soup is in the heart of Cantonese people. There's a popular saying, "Cantonese people would rather drink soup than eat rice." It's true. I have a confession. I don't have a rice cooker in my kitchen. 😁

The specialty of this soup is the meatballs. It's so tender and tasty. My secret ingredient: oregano, Parmesan cheese and sesame oil.

Such satisfying meal on a busy Monday

Ingredients 
  • Minced pork or beef
  • Marinate - Worcester sauce, pepper, flour, oregano, Parmesan cheese, sesame oil.
  • Vegetables - tomatoes, carrot, corn, celery, onion 
  • Herbs - rosemary, thyme, bay leaves 

Preparation 
  1. Marinate the minced pork. 
  2. Bring water to boil in a pot. Add vegetables. Reduce heat. Simmer 15 minutes. 
  3. Bring to full boil. Add meatballs. Reduce heat. Simmer 10 minutes longer.

The foodgasm verdict: 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment