Thursday, April 16, 2020

Hot & Sour Fish Soup Beehoon

Circuit Breaker Day 10: This is my comfort food, oh so yummy! 

When I was working in Penang, my university friend Audrey and I loved going to this food stall that makes hot & sour fish soup beehoon. It was healthy and we loved the sour and gingery taste.

I couldn't find this in Singapore. So I experimented making it and perfected the recipe. Since then, I'd make this when I host friends over, and they love it! Their only complain, "not enough." :D

Over the years, I preferred minced pork instead of fish. Other than that, everything remained the same. To keep it authentic, I used red snapper today.



Ingredients 
  • Lemongrass 
  • Ginger 
  • Chinese plum
  • Bird's eye chilli 
  • Vegetables - Cabbage, Tomatoes
  • Meat - Fish or minced pork
  • Beehoon 
  • Fried garlic 
  • Coriander 

Preparation 
  1. Boil water in a pot to cook the beehoon, drain the water, and set it aside.
  2. Boil soup stalk and put the ingredients into the soup.
  3. Scoop the soup onto the beehoon. 
  4. Garnish with fried garlic and coriander. 

The foodgasm verdict: 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment