Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Penang Koay Teow Soup

When I was a child, I look forward to Saturdays cos mom would usually make koay teow soup for breakfast. And I know mom cooked with love 'cos it tastes so incredibly good. The recipe below uses minced pork, but you could also use chicken or duck meat. As I enjoyed my bowl of koay teow soup, I'm glad I got my fix of mom's love. Thank you mom for such fond childhood memories. 


Ingredients 
  • Koay teow (flat rice noodle) 
  • Fishball
  • Minced pork
  • Bean sprout 
  • Spring onions, chopped
  • Chinese parsley, chopped
  • Lettuce
  • Cloves of garlic, chopped finely and fried
  • Salt
  • Pepper
  • Sliced red chilies & soy sauce

Preparation
  1. Cook bean sprout in a pot of boiling water and drain it dry. 
  2. Place the koay teow, bean sprout and fresh lettuce in a serving bowl. 
  3. Season minced pork with salt and pepper.
  4. Then add minced pork into the pot of boiling water. 
  5. Add salt and pepper to taste. 
  6. Scoop soup into the bowl of koay teow. 
  7. Garnish with fried garlic, spring onions and Chinese parsley. Serve immediately. 

No comments:

Post a Comment