Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Thai Fishball Glass Noodle

During my work trip to Bangkok this year, I saw my client order a bowl fishball glass noodle. I ordered the same. It was a simple noodle dish yet tastes so good. A few months later, I had an unusual craving for it. So I rushed to the wet market to buy the ingredients and started cooking. To my surprise, I replicated the taste. *orgasmic* My cravings satisfied. 


Ingredients 
  • Glass noodle, soak to soften
  • Fishball
  • Minced pork
  • Beansprout
  • Spring onions, chopped
  • Coriander, chopped
  • Lettuce
  • Cloves of garlic, chopped finely and fried
  • Salt
  • Pepper
  • Fish sauce
  • Light soy sauce
  • Sambal chili sauce

Preparation
  1. Add the softened glass noodles in a pot of simmering broth.
  2. Remove the glass noodle and place it in a serving bowl. Add lettuce.
  3. Season minced pork with salt and pepper.
  4. Add pork, fishball and beansprout into the leftover broth. 
  5. Let it boil until the broth evaporates.
  6. Pour the broth onto the glass noodle.
  7. Season with fish sauce, light sauce, sambal chili sauce and pepper.
  8. Garnish with fried garlic, spring onions and coriander. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment