Monday, September 12, 2016

Baking cupcakes with mom

During my recent home trip, I pestered mom to teach me how to bake a cake. She gave me the look, "Oh sure! Never thought you'd ever ask." *exciting* Mom suggested I start with cupcakes first and once I succeed, then only I bake cakes. So, we spent the afternoon baking. 

The cupcakes were turned out perfect. Beginner's luck, hehe. But I can't believe the amount of sugar used to bake cupcakes. No wonder kids love it cos it's so sweet. I also realized baking isn't difficult at all. I just need to follow the recipe step-by-step.




Butter cupcakes (serves 18 cupcakes)

Ingredients
  • 250g of unsalted butter, softened
  • 250g sugar
  • 4 to 5 eggs
  • 250g plain flour
  • 3 teaspoon baking powder
  • A pinch of salt
  • 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence
  • 1 teaspoon of butter oil
  • 1 cup of milk
  • Paper cupcakes


Preparation
  1. Preheat oven at 160 degrees Celsius. 
  2. Beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
  3. Add eggs (with yolk), one at a time, and beat to combine.
  4. Sift the flour and baking powder into a bowl and add the salt.
  5. Add vanilla essence and butter oil and beat for 3 minutes.
  6. Scrape the batter into the paper cupcakes.
  7. Finally, bake mixture in preheated oven for 20 minutes or until well baked.

No comments:

Post a Comment