Saturday, May 2, 2015

Alagappa Fish Curry

The way to a man's heart is through his stomach. Oh yes, I concur. :)

I cooked fish curry for lunch. It was spicy, sour, tangy, just the way I like it.  The curry fish was so good that we took second serving of rice. And for the boyfriend to say my fish curry is on par with his mom's fish curry, I knew I scored. :D Thank you Alagappa for making me MasterChef of the day!



Ingredients 

  • 1 big onion 
  • 10 shallots 
  • 10 cloves of garlic 
  • 2 tomatoes 
  • 6 okras 
  • 2 fillets of red snapper 
  • Alagappa fish curry powder, mixed with water  
  • Tamarind juice
  • Coconut milk, fresh milk or yogurt  
  • Sugar  
  • Salt  

Preparation
  1. Chop the big onion, shallots, garlic and pound it with pestle and mortar.
  2. Heat up the pan, add frying oil and stir fry the garlic, shallots and garlic.
  3. Add in curry mix, tamarind juice followed by the fish, okras and tomatoes.
  4. Add milk, sugar, and salt to taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment